a good run and snow
Went running yesterday morning for the first time in over a year. It was a ridiculously wimpy run--too embarrassing to say exactly how short and how totally winded I was--but it felt so good! I forget how much I love running. It's a huge mental challenge just to get myself out the door, but once I get going . . . there's something about pushing myself through that I-think-I'm-going-to-puke pain and realizing that I can do it if I just keep going. I love the peace and quiet of running and the chance it gives me to think without interruption. Ahhhh. I need to do it more often. I need to sign up for a road race to make sure I stay motivated (and committed)!
It's been super SUPER cold here--painful just to get into the car. I think at one point in my life I could proclaim my love for winter. I remember actually being excited to play in the snow and waiting in anticipation for that first snowfall of the season. I certainly don't feel that way anymore, but I do think the snow is beautiful. It was snowing Friday night as we were driving home from dinner and the snow was extraordinarily sparkly. It looked like a million tiny diamonds were falling from the sky and blanketing the earth. I don't recall ever seeing snow like that before--it was truly stunning! It made me wish I had camera lenses in my eyes. How would that be? Probably painful, but it sure does seem convenient!
2 comments:
Becky, just got caught up on your blog. Great reads, all of them. I am shocked you went running in this cold!! Keep up the good work!
Tammy
tHIS Sat Becky!!! 11am Ithaca High School...a 3.1 mile race!!!!!
Post a Comment