Olivia speaks
Yesterday, Olivia said with a hint of exasperation in her voice:
"Mom, you work
and work
and work
and work. . .
just like Cinderella!"

I laughed and smiled and thanked her for noticing and then thought two things. . .
1) It IS nice to have some of my efforts noticed. . .
2) But perhaps I'm focused too much on getting the work done and not focused enough on spending time with my children.
8 comments:
FUNNY! that's so cute, hey...at least she noticed. I just posted about FEELING like Cinderella :)
Knowing you Becky, you've got a good balance between the children and your house. You're SUCH a great mom!!!
That's priceless! It reminds me of the time that Emma (2-yrs-old at the time) said to Aaron: "Daddy, let's go play trains and Mommy can go in the office and make lists." :-) Nothing like the honesty of a child.
I WISH I had it as good as Cinderella! Didn't she have hoards of woodland creatures to pick up the slack? I would not object to mice in my house if they were earning their keep.
However, I often wonder if the balance is skewed the wrong way too sometimes.
I am glad that I am not the only one who struggles with this. I have decided that if I could just learn how to function with no sleep then things would be great and I would have time for everything:)
From the mouths of babes...You're darling and you do so much with such humility. I would love to spend some time with your kids AND you when you can swing it next. I think they'd all get along swimmingly!
Hey Becky - I just found your blog and I wanted to let you know that I love it. It's great to see how your family as grown since Mike, Jake and I saw you all last.
I have a blog too - in case you're interested - www.newsfromlakem.blogspot.com
I'll be checking in on you often, online!
all my best,
Cathy
That's sooo cute, Becky.
This is Anya....I got your blog from Cindy, hope you don't mind.
come visit mine as well
www.thepattigang.blogspot.com
Becky-lou! I think we all struggle with the idea that we have to do everything right NOW. We have to have children and a job and a calling at church and help out at school and of course keep our houses absolutely perfect. It's the American dream, I guess. Your children are beautiful.
Post a Comment