1.30.2007

fuzzy pickles

Took the kiddos (all THREE! and by myself!!!) to get portraits taken today. It was quite the adventure. Jack and Olivia were strapped into the double stroller and Anna was in her car seat propped on/hanging from one of the handlebars (hard to imagine but it was fairly safe if I kept one hand on her). The looks I got as I was walking (okay, running--we were a few minutes behind schedule) through the mall were hilarious. But, I suppose I probably looked quite hilarious running to the picture store schlepping a backpack and pushing three kids (two of them laughing and squealing with delight) in a stroller meant for two!


Jack was a champ. He smiled like a pro and we got tons of great pictures--it was actually hard to narrow the choices down.


Olivia was not a champ. She was a pistol. She thought it was the funniest thing in the world to scream FUZZY PICKLES, but couldn't hold still for the life of her. We only got ONE sort of good smile, but it was so full of her spirited and mischievous two-year-old personality that it was definitely a winner.


Anna, as sweet as she is most of the time, was not a champ either. She cried and fussed and then fell asleep. We did get one good picture of her too though and then when we got home (the mall is an hour away) she was ALL smiles--just my luck. I pulled out our digital camera and got a few cute shots of her. So much for studio portraits!


All in all it was a ridiculously exhausting but worthwhile excursion. I wish I could post all the photos from the shoot today here. Instead here's one of the cute pictures I took of Anna when we got home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Becky, this is wonderful. Good job. Anna is adorable.
ly
JONI