4.23.2007

few = three

A snippet of dialogue from today during a last minute, late-afternoon trip to the grocery store for forgotten dinner items . . .

Me:
Jack! Olivia! Will you please stop pulling things off the shelves, stop bugging each other, and hold on to the cart?? We only have a few more things to get and then we're done! Okay??

Jack (after a thoughtful moment of silence):
Mom! That means we only have THREE things left to get! We are almost done!

Me (laughing in exasperation):
Okay, okay. So maybe we have a few more than a few things left to get, but we ARE almost done and it'll go a lot faster if you two would cooperate!

2 comments:

Koch Clan said...

That is so cute. Jack is so smart! And I know how shopping with 3 can be. I thought your post was my life yesterday morning at the grocery store!

Chelsea Parsons said...

Becky.... photos look great.... give me a week to play ok! Lots of things taking up my time but you have no idea how I wish I was sitting in front of the computer doing your pics! Talk soon