8.18.2007

first things first

Okay, so I'm cutting it down to the wire. I have 3.5 hours to beat my deadline for posting. It's been an interesting week. BUT, before I post on that, first things first. . .

Months ago, when we were still residing in NY, I asked my dear friend Chelsea to take some family photos for us. She is an excellent photographer and, if I do say so myself, she did an amazing job for us! I fully intended to post these way back when she took them, but somehow time got away from me. Here are a just a few of our favorites that are now hanging on our newly painted family room wall . . .



My opinion on family photos:

I'm completely sold on informal, candid shot, family photos. We've grouped 8 different photos printed in varying sizes (all in black and white), mounted in random black frames, on one wall of our family room. I love that the grouping of pictures feels fluid and alive--so much less static than formal studio photos. I still love and intend to have the formal photos too. I think we'll try to have the candids done each year and then do a formal sitting every other year or so. We'll see how things pan out.

10 comments:

Laura said...

YAY! I was beginning to think I might not see a post from you this week. Welcome back to bloggingland :-) And I love the pictures . . . especially the first one of the kids. Gorgeous--and it would go perfectly with my new color scheme in the living/dining room. Too bad it's not my kids in the photo!

Amanda said...

Becky, they are BEAUTIFUL! I love candid family pics also and i think yours turned out exceptionally well. Your kids - could Olivia be anymore of your identical twin? They are sweet and beautiful and I am glad I got to see recent pics!

Chelsea Parsons said...

yay!! About time! Wasn't hard to not take cool photos of you guys!!!! Now I wanna see house and where you live shots... ok. And not in a week.... SOOOOOON!

Liz said...

Love the pictures! I'd like to see the pic of them on your wall!

tamara s. said...

Beautiful!!! Becky, these pictures are absolutely gorgeous. What a great job your friend Chelsea did! Seeing these pics makes Kevin and I miss the Wren clan a lot! We are REALLY looking forward to Thanksgiving!

Rachel said...

So Beautiful! I love that one on top. Is that Chelsea's green door she's having the love affair with? I seriously wish I lived close to her so she could take our photos!

Susan said...

Cuteness! Gotta say, I'm a definite fan of the candid shots!

Marbell Payne said...

WOW!! What a great looking bunch of kids. The photos are fantastic. Can we get Chelsea to come out to CA on a road trip and take our family pics?? I am so glad to have your blogg to look fwd to! You are just so creative in all that you do!!

Marbell Payne said...

WOW!! What a great looking bunch of kids. The photos are fantastic. Can we get Chelsea to come out to CA on a road trip and take our family pics?? I am so glad to have your blogg to look fwd to! You are just so creative in all that you do!!

Rachel said...

Becky, you are a tease!!! We want more! I'm with Chelsea. . . house photos!!!