9.06.2007

mississippi mud, grape leaves, and cherry cobbler


Well, here it is. The house we call home. In all it's bare beauty. Really, we love having a space of our own with plenty of room for storage and for the kids to run around.

We've made a few changes inside since moving in--all of them involving paint. First, we painted the dining room. . . grape leaves green. Then we moved on to the family room and painted it. . . mississippi mud. And today, I put the third coat of cherry cobbler on one of our kitchen walls (sadly, I still have another two coats to go until it looks right--ugh). I have three paint projects left to do--our living room (mississippi mud again) the connecting wall in the kitchen and family room (harvest brown) and Jack's room (liberty blue). I tried and tried to find swatches of the paint that I could post on the blog, but I failed. If you really want to see the actual colors you can check them out here. I'll finish up the kitchen this week and then take a few days off before starting the next project. Maybe by the time Thanksgiving rolls around I'll have all the painting done!!

Pictures coming soon. . . I just put a slide show together and it isn't working. I'll have to work out the kinks tomorrow and edit this post then to include the photos.

Okay, here they are!

8 comments:

Sean said...

Wow! What a beautiful home and a long painting list. I am sure it will look fabulous inside when you are done. Best wishes.

Rachel said...

Holy Huge House! A three car garage, we're all jealous! Sounds like the painting's going well. Looking forward to more! No more teasing young lady! We want more!

tamara s. said...

Wow!!! I can't wait to see the house in November! You have such a touch with decorating...I am sure it will be beautiful inside! :)

Liz said...

You have been busy!! I have to say I am jealous of the house, but I guess if you live in the midwest things are affordable, right?? Good for you! I can't wait to see the pictures of everything all decorated!

Susan said...

I had to laugh when I saw you picked Mississippi Mud for your living room. I just picked that very color for our living room too! Good taste! ;)

Amanda said...

Beck, darling house! No one deserves it more than you and your family. When are we having the Shrew retreat at your pad in Wisconsin? 2008?????

Rachel said...

I am loving the grape leaves green!

Anonymous said...

I love the green but for your sake I would rename it "awespiring avocado"...since you are such an avocado lover! WOW...beautiful house...can I come over and play? You are amazing Becky Martha Stewart Wren!
Love Marbs