10.18.2007

crafty witch

Somehow Olivia has ended up with the cheap homemade Halloween costume again (that's three for three for her). Last night I spent the evening crafting this "Staywee Witt" costume for O. I was on the phone with my mom every five minutes as she described how to whip up this little dress (THANKS Mom!). It was surprisingly easy and I must admit that spending $10 on a costume feels pretty good (okay, once you add the tights, the hat and the broom it's more like $15). Here's a picture of the final product so Mom (and you) can see the success.
I'm just relieved to have the costume DONE days before O needs it (instead of my usual habit of hours before). After I finished (while I was still on my crafting high), I made a table runner for our kitchen table with the leftover fabric. Wicked bonus!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Teach me, teach me! That is to die for! Beck, that is so impressive and I have been privy to your sewing skills so i know of what I speak. You rock.

Rachel said...

So cute! She is adoreable!

Liz said...

That is adorable! Did you make the dress?? WOW! And a table runner to boot! Let's see a picture!

Marianne said...

That turned out way better than the witch costume I saw at the store. SO cute beck...and I'm even more impressed that you did it without a pattern! Your kids are the cutest!

Rebecca said...

I am seriously impressed! You have always been the most talented Shrew when it comes to anything crafty. I am so deficient in this area, which makes this all the more impressive to me since I could never even attempt to make anything half as complicated. Nice work, Beck!

By the way, I saw your parents at Robintinos the other night with my dad and they looked great! It was really fun to talk to both of them.

Bridge said...

You found me, and now I found you! Cute, cute costume. I hope you'll post a pic of all your kiddos in their costumes. So fun catching up on your life. I'll be back!