10.03.2007

funny question. . . funny answer

A little background first . . .

Jack is potty training (still). I can't even begin to count the number of poopy pants and wet accidents I've cleaned up.

My patience is waning.

This afternoon I had yet another unfortunate olfactory experience that signaled yet another pair of poopy pants to clean up.

I asked Jack, "Are you clean and dry?"

No answer.

I asked again, "Jack are you clean and dry?"

He stared at me with his usual I'm-guilty-but-I-don't-care expression.

One last time I calmly asked, "Jack are you clean and dry?"

He shrugged and animatedly gestured with his hands as he half whispered in response,

"Mom.



I am



not
answering questions



right
now."

My sense of humor was renewed and refreshed, but it didn't help much with the stench.

8 comments:

Chelsea Parsons said...

he he... I dont even wanna go there with Hattie yet!

Rachel said...

Oh Yucko. The memories. . . Maybe Olivia and Jack will finish up at the same time!

Laura said...

OOOoooo . . . Jack is one clever boy. Were you able to keep a straight face? And what was your response?

Did I tell you about my friend with triplet 5-year-olds and a 20-month old? They were here for dinner about a month ago, and it was getting close to the time they were going home. She gave her kids the 10-minute warning. I few minutes later, one of the triplet boys ran up to her, looked her squarely in the eyes, and said, "Mom, when you say it's time to go, I'm NOT going to listen to you. I won't!" (in a very matter of fact tone) The nerve! Ya gotta love kids.

Liz said...

That is so funny!

Have you read the potty training in a day book? It worked well for my sister in law with twin boys.

Sean said...

I'm sorry; I understand how frustrating yet humorous that is!

tamara s. said...

SO much to look forward to when Kev and I finally have a baby! I will have to rely on your for advice! By the way, I FINALLY figured out how to enable comments on my blog...I am learning so many computer skills by doing the blogger thing. :)Counting down to Thanksgiving!

Melissa said...

Oh my word, that boy should run for office! Way to evade, evade, evade!

Anonymous said...

Hilarious...nothing like kid humor to calm a frazzled nerve. I am in the midst of potty training Rachel and Steven and oh my...there are too many days that I think...I'll just go back to diapers. I'm with you sister...hang in there!