giving thanks #21

She came last week to share a message for the month of November with me and at the end of her visit, she casually mentioned that she would be happy to watch the kids for me if I ever wanted her to so that I could run errands. What she didn't know was that offer of help was an answer to my prayers. With the upcoming Thanksgiving festivities, I had a lot of shopping to do that would have taken hours and hours to do with the kids in tow. I took her up on her offer and this morning she came over to watch the kiddos while I gathered our feast. She arrived this morning (at 8:30am!) with a smile on her face and scooped the kids up to say hello. I hurried out the door, leaving (much to my embarrassment) a sink full of dishes from breakfast--I was a little lucky we were all dressed and fed by that hour. Shopping was blissful (and FAST) without my little darlings and in two hours I accomplished what truly would have taken me at least SIX with the kids. I pulled in the garage and carried the first load of groceries into the house to find it sparkling clean! Not only had she watched my children so that I could shop more peacefully, she vacuumed my whole house, scrubbed my kitchen sink, cleaned my microwave, and scoured my stove top (along with other things I'm yet to discover, I'm sure). Realizing that my task list was just shortened considerably was literally lightening. I am so grateful for her selfless and kind service. It really makes me feel motivated to be more like that. I want to be the kind of person who makes life a little easier for others. I want to give that gift of relief to help others feel like I did this morning. I doubt she'll ever read this blog post, but still the same: THANK YOU IRIS!!
1 comment:
What an awesome VT!! That is a wonderful gift she gave to you!
Post a Comment