11.08.2007

giving thanks #8

I'm a little embarrassed to admit it, but . . .
I'm thankful for the babysitter. Um, I mean the TV.

Really. I truly do cringe as I confess it, but today would have much more difficult without Playhouse Disney, Nick Jr. and good ol' PBS. As Jack and Livi happily watched their favorite shows one after another (Anna was napping), I painted like a mad woman and applied the third and final coat of Harvest Brown to the equivalent of 3 walls on our main floor. It feels great to have knocked another painting project off our list. It doesn't feel as great to know that my kids sat on their little behinds transfixed by the television for way too long today. Even if it comes with a little guilt, I'm still thankful for the TV.

2 comments:

Sean said...

You are an amazing woman. Good programming should come with no guilt! Besides it's better than getting upset when they "help you paint!"

CKW said...

I manage to feel no guilt over the educational shows that teach my kids their ABC's, sign language or about sharing far more patiently and interestingly than I could. I wallow in it though, when my little sponge is eagerly listening to everything Spongebob Squarepants has to say. I think Playhouse Disney definitely falls under the education category!!