11.07.2007

giving thanks #7

I'm thankful for leftovers!


Generally speaking, I'm not a leftovers kind of girl. There are a few dinners we have at our house though that make fantastic leftovers that I'm willing to eat for at least a few days. Today I got out of cooking dinner because of our leftovers from last nights BBQ chicken sandwiches. Hooray! They are so easy and so SO yummy! Here's the recipe for anyone interested. . .

3-4 frozen chicken breasts
ground pepper to taste
dried onions to taste (about 1-2 tablespoons)
Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce (no substitutes! at least in my opinion)
French's fried onions
hot dog buns


Place the frozen chicken in crock pot with ground pepper and onions. Cook on high for 4-6 hours or on low all day. An hour before you want to eat, skim off fat from chicken, shred the meat and add Sweet Baby Rays (I'm not really sure how much, but I'd guess at least 1 cup. . . probably more like 1/2 to 3/4 of the bottle.)

Serve BBQ chicken in hot dog buns (cheese is a nice, but optional, addition here) topped with fried onions.


Yum yum YUMMY!


Yes, I'm thankful for leftovers!!

2 comments:

Liz said...

I'm grateful for leftovers too!! It makes life so much easier when you've got kids going in 3 different directions, all at the same time.

Rachel said...

This recipe is going on my menu for next week! Yummo!