4.07.2008

chalk it up

When I visited my family early in March, my mom and I found this fantastic chalkboard oilcloth at a warehouse sale we went to. What do you do with chalkboard oilcloth you ask??? Well when I got home to the kids, and in less than 20 minutes, I made this great chalkboard table cloth to put over their play table. They have had a blast chalking the days away and aside from it's new artistic covering, I love that our table has a little protection from all the toys and other things that get slammed into it! You can find this oilcloth online here if you want to make one for yourself. Super easy and super fun! Hooray for completed projects (a rare experience for me)!


3 comments:

Laura said...

I'm so jealous! Although we don't currently have space for a kid table to be out and available for oilcloth, so I'll live vicariously!

LL said...

GREAT idea!!!! i just might ave to find a little oilcloth for our abode.

Chelsea Parsons said...

what an awesome idea. I guess you could just paint thick canvas with chalkboard... I might try it and make a cover for our coffee table cause I havent seen it in the stores here.... cool, thanks Becky!