1.05.2009

new years resolutions

I love January. I love the feeling of a new beginning. AND I love evaluating my life and making new resolutions for the coming year. I don't have many goals for 2009 (I'm trying to be realistic and not set myself up for failure)--just three. To give myself a little extra motivation in keeping them, I'm publishing them here for all to see (eek!)

So here they are. . .

1. Exercise regularly
2. Set aside time (and use it--guilt free) to do something creative weekly
3. Do one load of laundry (wash, dry, fold AND put away) daily

That's it. So far, I'm doing pretty well. I haven't been perfect, but I haven't totally fallen off the wagon either.

Here's a picture of the product of my creative time last week. One of my sisters gave me the idea and the other sister happened to be here when the project was started so she did it too. Thanks Laura and Marianne! I'm happy with how it turned out!

Now I've got to decide what I'm going to do this week. . .

3 comments:

JULIE said...

Nice arrangement, Becky!

Btw, I forgot to ask weeks ago but could I post a link to your blog on my blog as one of the websites I visit regularly? =)

Marianne said...

Yeah...I'm glad for the new post;) I keep waiting for updates on your life.... via the blog. Nice blocks. Your letters looks much better than mine:) I like how the red turned out. Very cute Beck. Maybe we can do another project next time we come to visit! Talk to you soon!

MB said...

Very good idea! I'm thinking of having a similar (make something/crafty) goal. I'm realizing that I go crazy if I don't make something!