5.12.2009

Daddy, I love you as much as . . .


an ONION!

Who am I to tell a little girl that she shouldn't give her Dad an onion for Valentines?? Olivia's got class (and creativity). It was (obviously, I hope) all her idea. She and I were visiting a family who had just moved into our ward and while we were chatting, Olivia spotted the onions. She very politely asked if she could please have an onion in a little baggie to take home. I tried to give an easy out to the woman we were visiting, but she was more than happy to oblige Olivia's odd request. Bewildered, I asked Olivia as I was helping her get buckled into the car what she wanted an onion for and she excitedly exclaimed that it was for Dad for Valentines Day! So if you ever wonder what to give the one you love for Valentines Day, Olivia would suggest an onion. Why not??

2 comments:

Marianne said...

Oh Olivia. I love that girl... we are excited to see you soon. Wish you had a laptop now- and then you could update all the time;) Rest up!

Anna M said...

Completely original and refreshing. Best wishes in your pregnancy too! Number three will "hopefully" make an appearance for us in the next week or so.