3.04.2010

for sale?

In a recent (and exasperated) attempt to dissuade the kids from using bad/naughty words I threatened them at the dinner table (where the offenses usually occur) that I would start fining them for saying bad words.

After hearing the explanation that they'd have to take money from their own piggy banks and give it to me if they said a naughty word they sat in silence for a moment.

Then Olivia said,
"SO if I want to say one of those words, all I have to do is give you some of my money first?"


Awesome.

No. I am not selling naughty words.

Olivia was intrigued by the thought of it though and was willing to pay a pretty penny or two.

5 comments:

CKW said...

Growing up we were charged ten cents everytime we used bad grammar and whoever caught you got the money. It turned us all into little bounty hunters but it was effective. If you didn't have the money you had to write an IOU (we all all drawers full of IOU's that said things like "I owe you ten cents (you jerk!!!!)" Saying 'shut up' cost a whole dollar. It was definitely effective.

Olivia cracks me up!

Marianne said...

That's so funny. Made me laugh. And I love the picture.

LL said...

PRICELESS!!!!
laughing over here.

Jason and Kerri Allen said...

This is so funny. I love your blog and your pictures. Your kids are growing up and we miss you guys. I just love this funny story.

Anya said...

I love it!!!