Easter FUN--warning: long post!
Well, here's the post about all our Easter fun. . . Friday night (before attending Asia Night) we dyed our eggs. The kids loved it and weren't quite ready to be done in the 10 minutes it took us to color our three dozen eggs. They would have spent all evening doing it if we'd had the egg supply! Jack declared his favorite color for the evening was yellow (although he followed that exclamation with a disclaimer that really he likes ALL the colors of the rainbow). Olivia really got into stirring the glasses of dye around and surprisingly managed to stay fairly clean during the process (hooray for us!).
All the while, Anna was plenty entertained as she watched us from her very own brightly colored new egg-shaped high chair (a funky looking product I'm reviewing--reminds me of Mork & Mindy).
Saturday morning we took the kids to an egg hunt at the Museum of the Earth. It was crowded and a little crazy, but the kids had a great time. Olivia was pretty good at spotting the eggs AND gathering them, though she did require a little guidance. Jack was more interested in looking at all the dinosaur bones than finding eggs--I guess this means we might be entering the dinosaur phase of childhood, eh?
Easter Sunday, we enjoyed our church meetings
in the morning and then had a bunch of friends over for dinner. We prepared the ham and twice baked potatoes and everyone else brought the rest of the meal (turkey, salad, rolls, drinks, and dessert). I especially had fun setting the table. I got on a little crafty kick and made some very simple (but, I think cute) napkin "rings", a table runner and centerpiece. Overall, the dinner was a success. We had a blast visiting with our friends and thoroughly enjoyed eating all the delicious food (I don't think I need to eat again until next week)!
The highlight for the kids was probably the post meal "horse" rides they were so graciously granted by our dinner guests! Thanks Jon, Jared and Kevin for breaking your backs for the sake of our kids!! 

All in all, it was a great holiday for us. Even though we are far from family and the celebrations we are used to, we are so grateful to have wonderful friends we can share these memories with here. I am especially thankful for the reason we celebrate Easter--for the reminder that each day is a new beginning and that because of Jesus Christ we can always start anew.
4 comments:
Wow Becky that is one crazy looking high chair :) Your Easter table looks soooo cute.. You crafty little girl! Love Sarah
I love the pictures of the dye and eggs! So colorful! Dig the high chair too -- groovy!
that's so cool how you do that product testing..... I'de like to test smooshy leather couches...your table looked cute Becky....you are sooo crafty!
Hi Becks...your crafty queen. Yes..I will agree with all the others that you are sooo crafty. I loved the floral arrangement...that class paid off didn't it? I still think you should open your own flower shop!
Post a Comment