PeANuT bUtTeR gOo
If you love peanut butter like I do (I've been known to eat it straight from the jar in heaping spoonfuls, sometimes adorned with milk chocolate chips--YUM!) then you'll probably love this. It's called Peanut Butter Goo at our house. Here's the recipe:
6-7 cups of corn chex
1 cup sugar
1 cup karo syrup
1 cup peanut butter
Heat karo syrup and sugar just to a boil and remove from heat. Add peanut butter and stir until peanut butter is melted. Pour mixture over corn chex and carefully stir to coat. Eat it up. YUM!
My friend Breyn who first introduced me to this loveliness makes it with rice crispies instead of corn chex, presses the mixture into a 9x13 pan and then spreads melted chocolate chips on top. YUM. When I first tried to make this, I didn't have rice crispies, but I did have plenty of corn chex. Blissful misfortune! I've also had it with corn flakes instead of corn chex. That too is yummy.
This is a well loved treat at our house. The kids are constantly asking if we can make "Peanut Budda Doo" and you should see their excitement when we actually do! It's a recipe they can get involved in (without making TOO much of a mess--they love measuring out the cereal), so it makes for a fun family activity.
Hungry for something Peanut Buttery? Go make some GOO and ENJOY!
One warning though . . . don't make it if there's no one else to share it with. Once you start, there's no turning back!
1 comment:
Sounds Fabulous...do you think I could throw some chocolate in there somewhere? My favorite is PB and Chocolate anything!!!
Post a Comment