4.16.2007

seriously . . .

WHERE IS SPRING???!?!?!


Seriously.

After a week of "spring" break which meant no school for Jack, I admit that I was unusually excited to get up early and get us all out the door in time for Jack to make it to school (which some days is quite the accomplishment in these parts).

Well, this morning we woke up to this . . .

Which meant two things:


1) school was cancelled for Jack
2) I had to come up with some new mediating tactics for the Jack and Olivia Wars (for as much as they love each other--too much time together hasn't been a good thing lately)


I realize that we live in the Northeast and that it's not unusual to have snow in April, but this?? For as starved for spring as I'm feeling, this IS actually a little bit funny to me. And as the saying goes, if someone hands you lemons . . .

Well, Mother Nature handed us some snow and we made our token snowman for the year (which I thought we'd missed the chance for since we never made it out during the other snow storms).


So, let me introduce you to CHARLIE. He's not very tall, but he is made from perfect snowman snow--wet and heavy and just right for packing. The kids had a blast bringing armfuls of snow to help build up Charlie's body and of course the best part was putting his face, buttons, heart, hat and scarf on.


The tree/bush in front of our house was so covered in the heavy snow that it bent over to create this cool "snow hut" for the kids. They were a little reluctant to climb in at first, but "warmed" up to the idea after a few minutes and in the end had a fantastic time playing house--I mean igloo.

It's supposed to keep snowing until Wednesday in these parts, so we'll let you know when we dig out from this Nor'easter!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Looks like so much fun! i miss snow storms . . . all we get is soggy rain, so enjoy the playtime!

Rachel said...

Oh my, the memories! That is crazy, snow in Mid April! Good luck! Get out your bouncer and let the kids go crazy!

Anonymous said...

I thought we had it bad! I feel for you! I'm gearing up for more snow here, and if it doesn't come, added bonus, but at least I am preparing mentally.