10.30.2007

bOo BoO boO BOo

Saturday afternoon we carved our pumpkins and had a great time. Jack and Olivia helped gut the pumpkins and then drew the faces for Jarom and me to carve. Jack even drew a few practice faces on scrap paper. Jack was our photographer for the event.



Following our family tradition, once it was dark we lit the pumpkins and sang our post carving Halloween song. Here are the words. You'll have to think of your own melody unless I can get the kids to sing it on video.

Boo BOO Boo BOO! I'm a ghost to scare you!
From Halloween Town I've come this night
All dressed from head to toe in WHITE!
BoOooOOOOooOOoOOoOoOoooOoOoOooOoOOOOooOOO!!

Jack was thoroughly scared when we sang the song this year. It's been one of his favorite songs (throughout the year) so we were a little surprised when it brought him to tears. A little too spooky this year, I guess!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Those are some great pumpkins!!!

Melissa said...

I love the faces on those pumpkins, especially the one where the nose is bigger than the eyes! So fun. I just love Halloween.

Laura said...

Great job everyone! Sorry Jack got scared by mom's Halloween song! :-)

Molly said...

Such a fun, cute tradition. Today is Halloween and we haven't gotten around to carving yet...maybe, hopefully tonight! And then, maybe not. Flexibility is key to my survival! :)

tamara s. said...

i still LOVE olivia's goonies pumpkin!