11.14.2007

giving thanks #13

I'm thankful for today.
The truth is, I think I'm getting a sinus infection and I feel pretty crappy. Today I wasn't really grateful for much except the nap I stole as I laid on the playroom floor while the kids played . . . until I read a news article my sister forwarded to me. One of her good friends (from when they lived in Chicago) was killed in a car accident this week. Aside from feeling so sad for the loss of this woman's family and friends, I felt an instant gratitude for my today. I had the chance to kiss my kids and put my arms around Jarom when he came home from work--thankfully, I did those things. I had the chance to do a lot more--to call that friend I've been thinking about for weeks, to serve those around me (the ones I know and the ones I don't) to make life a little better in some small way for anyone--regretfully, I didn't do those things. I do have a greater desire and a stronger resolve to try harder tomorrow. Gratitude is a powerful thing if I can just remember all that I have to be thankful for.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WELL SAID!
hope you're feeling better today.
enjoy your day

Anonymous said...

Life is fragile. Time is a gift...you couldn't have said it better. I am thankful for the time we had as roomates and dear friends at BYU. My college memories are so great because of you! Feel better Becks!