11.03.2007

giving thanks #3

I'm thankful for Olivia.
Thanks again for the awesome photo Chelsea!
As a family we spent a long while this evening rough housing and wrestling in one of our conveniently furniture-less rooms. Towards the end, I stopped letting the kids climb on my back. Olivia asked why and I told her that my back was beginning to hurt (does this mean I'm officially crossing into the "old" zone??). She said "Oh." and then we kept playing for a while before getting ready for bed. No big deal. Right after we had our family prayer, Olivia came over to give me a kiss and a hug and then she held my face in her little two-year-old hands and whispered, "I hope yoh batt is feewing betteh." She kissed me again and then ran to climb into bed. I'm thankful for her example and for her sweet tender heart. From the time she was teeny tiny Olivia has always had an empathetic spirit and been the first to nurture those around her. I'm glad she reminded me of how precious that character trait is. I hope that I can be like more like her (in many ways) and that she will always know how much I love her.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Sniff Sniff! So sweet!

Liz said...

Sweet picture, and sweet story about Olivia!

tamara s. said...

I love this! What a great idea, Becky! Thanks for inspiring me to take a deep breath in the middle of busy days and just be THANKFUL. :) I am thankful that I have such a positive and thoughtful friend that inspires me to be more grateful!