O Christmas Tree
We drove to a Christmas tree farm about 45 minutes away to chop down our tree this year. We were lucky enough to have all our Thanksgiving weekend guests still in town and willing to come along. It turned out to be a very festive and fun activity for us all. We took a wagon ride out into the tree fields and hopped off to scout out our tree. It didn't take too long (which was a very good thing because it was COLD!) for us to find a Douglas Fir that was just right. Jack and Olivia each took turns helping Jarom "chop" while the rest of us looked on. After dragging our tree to the pick-up spot and riding the wagon back to the barn, we enjoyed sipping hot cocoa and eating warm fresh homemade donuts. YUM! All in all it was a fantastic experience and I'm already excited to go get our tree again next year. Here are a few photos of the fun . . .
5 comments:
Hi Becks, It all sounds like so much fun! You are tempting me to come and live close by. But wait...how cold is cold?? I still would love to be closer to you. Big hugs to your kids. Happy Christmas time! Miss you!
Oh, how I miss Richardson Tree Farm! Those were good days, but I'm glad we don't have an hour-long drive on the expressway to worry about the tree flying off the car. Aaron always hated that part! I love the pics. Remember my heroic leap onto the wagon when you and Jarom first came there with us?
I have always wanted to do that. So cool. Love the pictures. And that Olivia and Jack are helping pull the tree.
The pictures are great. I copied them to my file. I know you all had fabulous fun over Thanksgiving with your company. How wonderful to have so much room.
We also had a wonderful Thanksgiving with Jay and Cyndi and boys.
Sure wish you guys were closer.
Oh well, another place to explore.
Love you. Hugs and Kisses Jack, Olivia, and Anna xoxoxoxo
JONI
Lovely tree Betty! My tree farm experience last year wasn't quite as lovely, so we are tree lot buyers now!
Post a Comment