1.01.2008

For Mom . . .

I have an amazing Mom--for MANY reasons. Today though, I'm posting to give Mom credit and THANKS for the hours and hours of coaching and instruction she gave me LONG DISTANCE (over the phone and sometimes VERY late at night) as I attempted to sew my children Christmas pajamas and hobby horses. I know to a lot of people sewing an article of clothing may seem like a small feat, but it was a monumental accomplishment for me. Thanks for all your help and encouragement Mom. . . Jack and Livi LOVE their new PJs and their horses!! Olivia's nightgown was originally intended for Anna, but as you can see it obviously would have been WAY TOO BIG for Anna--they fit Olivia perfectly (and Anna is obliviously satisfied with her substitute PJs from Old Navy)! Jack was only presented with pajama bottoms on Christmas Eve and wouldn't let me forget that I needed to finish sewing his pajama top. . . a few days later he got his wish thanks to more over-the-phone help from Mom. Here they are with their horses. Jack named his Lollipop (because that's what it looked like when it was all wrapped up). Olivia has yet to give hers a name. They both love them though! They've been playing lots of pretend cowboy and cowgirl lately.

Even little Anna has enjoyed the horses--I guess she's not too young for one and I guess I'll be making another one soon!

THANK YOU

for all your help Mom!!

9 comments:

Rachel said...

Way to go Becky! I don't know that I would have attempted those cute horses or the PJ's! Where did you find a horse pattern? So fun. . .

Anonymous said...

Becky, the pjs and the horses are so cute! I would never have been able to do that. Way to go Becky (and Becky's mom)!

tamara s. said...

The horses and the jammies are awesome! Becky, you inspire me to get crafty! I am going to go ahead and take that sewing class I was waffling about now that I saw all the great projects I could start! Your mom sounds amazing!!!

Marbell Payne said...

Hooray for Mary! You are right Becks..she is an amazing mom. Good for you Becks..I'm proud of your sewing success. So...does that mean you are done with sewing...or are you know a sewing fanatic? I loved the horses too. Can we come over and play?

jmcclellan said...

How awesome Becky! Those are fantastic! Always creative and fun...I'm afraid to show my kids those horses. They may suddenly have expectations of me that are beyond my capabilities!

turleybenson said...

In regards to your comment on my blog (I never know how to reply to comments), I was totally THINKING of that exact thing as I wrote the entry. I remember vividly how you scrapped your plans that day to troubleshoot my hair disaster :)

Melissa said...

Thanks for your cute comment on my blog, Becky. I'm sad I'm going to miss your visit to Utah. I wanted to tell you though, a friend of mine just gave me that cookbook that you had raved about during Nov. and I'm so excited! I was thinking about buying it, but never did. I can't wait to try it out!

Allie said...

I love the clip of Anna! What a cutie!

Anonymous said...

BECKY! where are you? I miss your updates, I hope all is well with you and the family.
Just wanted to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY on Monday!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!
Love, Laura