7.29.2008

for Jack

Jack had a hard time going to bed tonight. After he'd been out of bed and wandering the house several times, I walked up to his room with him and spent a few minutes laying by his side trying to get him to settle down and to sleep. We talked for a little bit and after discovering that Jack was feeling lonely (we just moved him into his own room--he was sleeping in the girls room while we painted and fixed up his room) I started telling him stories about when he was little. One of the memories I mentioned was of how he used to stand on our baseboard heater (when it was warm outside and the heater wasn't being used) to watch out the window for Daddy's car. He grinned from ear to ear as I talked and then asked me if we have a picture of him doing that. Happily I was able to tell him that we did. He then asked if I would post it on my blog for everyone to see. So, here it is. . . What a cute boy I have! Jack loves to hear stories about himself from when he was little and even more than that he loves to see pictures and videos of the memories we tell him. It sure does make me feel like I should be doing a better job scrapbooking (or at least providing something tangible for him to look at and hold). Maybe, just MAYBE, he'll be the motivation I need to start doing something to preserve our family history in some format other than a digital one.

Here's to you my little man!

I love you Jack!

3 comments:

LL said...

He's such a sweet heart...hooray for Jack having his own room, McKay would be jealous!
I have so many cute memories of Jack. Most memorable was the day you called and said the word "BABY BOY!" I still remember exactly where I was sitting.
What a blessing he is...couldn't ask for a cuter little guy!

Amanda said...

Oh Jack - I love you too! I will tell Jack stories about when he was little when he gets older. I'll tell him how much his mom and dad loved him from the second they saw him, how excited they were to have him, and how he was such a beautiful baby from the moment he came into this world. Precious.

Liz Ward said...

Betty, I remember him doing that when I came to visit! I went through a lonely stage when we moved into our house in Bountiful too. He is such a sweet little guy!