what took me so long???
So I recently had this idea that the kids would get a bang out of eating their lunch picnic style on our back patio (there's plenty of room since we have yet to furnish it with a patio set).
I was right. They LOVED it! What's even better than that though is how beautifully clean my kitchen stayed from right after breakfast until after dinner that night. I've since decided that if it's not pouring rain outside (or snowing, or tornado-ing) my kids are eating lunch (breakfast too for that matter) outside EVERYDAY.
What took me so long to figure out that if they eat outside all I have to do is hose the patio off??? That's SO much easier than cleaning my kitchen floor and scrubbing food off our table and chairs after every meal.
HOORAY FOR NICE WARM WEATHER AND A BACK PATIO TO BANISH THE KIDS TO! :)
7 comments:
Great idea! I'm trying it today!
sweet shades:)
I loved being outside as a kid. So, just think, they are loving it and you are too?!? What a win-win! :)
Love it! I am all about outside for eating. Things we never eat inside: ice cream, cookies with sprinkles, popsicles, and the list goes on. Good for you!
I have done that a few times with Sibley and Gabe and they love it. I am glad you posted this. I am going to do the same tomorrow. I just wish it wasn't so hot!
This is a great idea. I detest cleaning the kitchen and will go to great lengths to avoid cleaning up messes in it multiple times a day. I'll give this a shot.
I'm on it!!
Post a Comment