8.27.2008

slacker mom

So how do you celebrate your daughters birthday when that special day happens to land just four days before Christmas? I'll tell you what I did that ought to get me nominated for a Slacker Mom of the Year award. . .


Olivia FINALLY got the birthday party she'd been patiently anticipating for SEVEN months. Here are a few pictures of the ultra princess-y event. Pink was her color of choice and we kept the party small and simple. It seemed to be a great success although Olivia's inner social butterfly was vocally disappointed that she didn't have more friends attend (there were quite a few friends that were out of town the weekend that we partied). Such is life. I guess having a summer birthday party is just as challenging as have one right before Christmas!

All the pretty princesses and. . .


the less than enthusiastic princes.The princess castle pinata.


(yes that's a wooden spoon she's using to hit it with. . . it's all I could come up with when I realized I'd forgotten that small detail!)


Last, but not least, the "pretty" princess cupcakes.

Phew! Better late than never I guess?

10 comments:

Amanda said...

Good for you! Hey, girl got a party - what more does she need? Get in line behind me, the original slacker mom.

Koch Clan said...

I love that party. I might have to steal that idea for SIbley next year. I love that the boys had crowns too. I made my blog private. Email me at brandikoch@hotmail.com and I will add you to the list.

Laura said...

Way to go Becky! I'm impressed, and who cares that it was seven months later! It was worth the wait!

Allyson Condie said...

That looks like such a fun party! And I died laughing when I looked at the picture of the boys. That was priceless.

CKW said...

At least you got it in before the next one rolled around. Although now the question is, do you throw her another one in December, or get yourself stuck in the constantly seven months late cycle. And how old does Olivia have to be before she figures it out?
Cute party! I liked that you were color coordinated. Didn't you get a crown?

tamara s. said...

Wow! That is an awesome birthday party and something I would have LOVED at Olivia's age (heck, I would love it at this age). :) You are such a great mom, Becky!!!

Liz said...

I think celebrating half birthdays is the way to go when you've got a Christmas birthday!

It looks like it was fun!

Tim said...

the boys all look like they want to die....cruel cruel cruel ;-)

Marbell Payne said...

How fun Becky!! 3 of my sister's girls have Dec. b-days, and I know she has pulled at least a couple of "half year" birthdays! A party is a party...you are the least slackerish mom I know...you are on the ball and I am constantly inspired by you! Miss you!!

MB said...

Good work! I think it looks pretty fun! I had a half birthday party for my brother when we were in HS (because his birthday is in the summer). We had a 1/2 theme. So, we halved donuts for early morning seminary, had 1/2 foot long subs for all his friends at lunch, I think I decorated 1/2 of his car and 1/2 of his locker. I think at the end of the day, we even had 1/2 of one of those huge cookies. Good times!