9.07.2008

lucky duck

That would be Jarom. He's the lucky duck. . . sitting in the KAYAK that he won in a free raffle at his company's summer picnic. Actually, he won a kayak, a special kayaking pfd (lifejacket), and a paddle. We got a sitter a few weekends ago, rented a kayak (and accompanying gear) for me and spent an hour or so paddling up and down the river that runs through town. It was great fun and Jarom only flipped himself out of his kayak once! It was a good thing the river was pretty shallow because Jarom had to lift the kayak above his head to empty it of all the water. I was in a sea kayak--they're more stable and harder to flip--so no flipping for me. I guess we're kayak-ers now. . . good times and GOOD LUCK for us!!

12 comments:

Marbell Payne said...

That looks like fun!! Sure miss you Becks!!

Marianne said...

How fun. When I read that in the wire I couldn't believe it...you never mentioned your cool prize winnings when we've talked;) That's great! Scary flipping over though... that would freak me out. Can't wait to see you guys.

LL said...

FUN!!! Good for you for getting out and doing something new and exciting.
Looks like you're pro's!
congrats on the winning prize, that's great!

breyn said...

I love the pictures! You both look so professional (until I read that Jarom tipped, his professionalism went down a few notches, sorry Jarom). It looks fun!!

Tim said...

lucky....i seriously need to have a cooler job where they give out kayaks...

Scott and Stacy said...

YOu've been tagged. Go to my blog to see what you need to do.

CKW said...

I took an outdoor adventure class in middle school and when we got to the kayaking section, they spent so much time freaking us out about drowning if we flipped the kayak that none of us dared move once we actually got out there! That looks fun though. Now I am inspired to give it another shot sometime!

Amanda said...

I've always wanted to try kayaking; your hub is one lucky duck, alright. I've never won a thing, and he goes and wins a freakin' kayak!

Liz said...

Fun! What a great prize to win! Enjoy yourselves!

Jason and Kerri Allen said...

Found you, Beck! And I love the pictures. The kayaking looks like fun.
Kerri

Anna M said...

Very fun! Try flipping on purpose and then you won't be so nervous later on how to respond...Coming from someone who flipped before she was ready! I loved the princess party photos.

Liz Ward said...

Betty, you should look into going up to the Apostle Islands now that you are boat people. We were going to do a trip with Dallen's friends out there that included some kayaking. It looked amazing!