10.09.2008

the big (and golden) FIVE . . . better late than never

Jack had his GOLDEN birthday this year. . . turning FIVE on the FIFTH of the month. He has been talking about his golden birthday since the day after his birthday last year. True. He's been thinking about and planning his party for a full 365 days and I was feeling the pressure as we got closer to his big day. Here are a few pictures from the small celebration we had as a family on the actual day of his birth and then a few more of the MONSTER PARTY he helped to plan. Jack was very specific about the things he wanted to have at his birthday party. He wanted to play "Pin the Spider on the Web" (his own variation on the classic party game), wear monster party hats, eat monster cupcakes, bash to pieces a monster pinata, and have Dad read a monster story (Jarom has read a picture book at all of the birthday parties we've had so far and it's become a favorite tradition).

His party was a smashing hit and he's already brewing plans for next year!

10 comments:

LL said...

I cannot believe this little MIRACLE boy is FIVE. WE LOVE JACK!!! I won't ever forget the day you called with the exciting news, still makes me smile!
Looks like it was a FUN party, I'm loving the cupcakes!
Happy Happy Birthday Jack...

tamara s. said...

What an awesome party...you are such a crafty mama! We cannot wait to see you guys and the kiddos (who are SO big)!

MB said...

I love the cupcakes. I'm trying to think of an excuse to make them for my family. But, I LOVE THEM! oh, and I love the tradition of reading a book...how great is that?!?!

Laura said...

Great job on the cupcakes (and the whole party for that matter!) I love how they turned out. What a fun theme . . . . I'll have to keep that one in mind for Aidan's future!

WE love you and miss you guys! Happy Birthday Jack!

Audrey said...

what a great party! I also absolutely love the cupcakes! How fun

Marianne said...

Um yay! I'm glad to see an updated post:) Very cute. Jack is so a fun kid. We can't wait to come and play next week. Way to go Beck-the party looked just perfect. You are an awesome mama!!!

Amanda said...

Great party - those cupcakes! Lucky guy gets his magic day so early in life; my kids will have to wait years and years. Miss you.

Allyson Condie said...

What a great party! I love that you and Jarom wore the monster hats too. What fun (and stylish) parents. Jack is lucky to have such a fun mom. Can I please have one of those cupcakes?

Chelsea Parsons said...

ohhhh sooo cool... those cupcakes rock! happy birthday jack

Marbell Payne said...

Wow...5...no way!!! Where did the time go? Happy Birthday Jack! I still remember as if it was yesterday when your mama called to tell me all about you! .Becky, I love the book read aloud idea! What fun cupcakes and far out party! You are so clever Becks!!